Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7th - Terry Steiner

It is definitely the calm before the storm.  In these times, close to competition, I find myself reflecting back on the year, analyzing what we have done, the strides we have made, and yes maybe the things that could have been done different.  As a coach, my concern is, have I unturned every stone, have I done everything possible to give these athletes the best chance at success?  I know that the moment of total preparedness never comes.  There is never enough time, never enough analyzing, never enough sprints or drills, the 100% ready feeling is something that always outdistances us!  On the other hand, I look at the individuals that make up our national team and world team and I know that we have something very special, with this program.

I feel very good about how we have come together.  I feel great about our attitudes and work ethic!  It has been a very productive year and a better summer of competition and camps. The athletes have made a lot of great decisions along the way and they have been very committed to not only the task, but to each other.  I also know this doesn't mean everything in terms of competition but I do know that without this kind of preparation, there is very little chance at success.  A lot of people deserve to win.  A lot of people have put the time in and have worked extremely hard to advance and improve their wrestling.

To win in Tashkent, we are going to have to really WANT to WIN!  It will come down to that!!  We know that our competitors are also tough.  We will have to be willing to lay it all on the line.  We know that nothing will be given to us, and no one is going to hand us anything!  We must be prepared to fight for everything.

We don't know the outcome but I can tell you this, I am proud of this team and the team behind the team.  I am humbled to be on this journey with them and I am excited to see them shine!  BRIGHTLY!!

Lead the Charge...
Embrace the Battle..!
Expect SUCCESS!!!

Terry L. Steiner
USA Wrestling
Women's National Coach
Email:  tsteiner@usawrestling.org

No comments:

Post a Comment