Saturday, September 6, 2014

September 6th - Adeline Gray

Hi everybody! My name is Adeline Gray, and I plan on winning a world title in a few days. Today was a very long travel day; we got started at 3:45 am and will end hopefully only a little past 1:00 am. Our camp in Rome had the perfect balance of intensity and relaxation to have my body feeling strong and ready to compete.
Once we arrived in Germany it was nice to see the faces of our referee Stacy as well as the friends and families of some the boys that will be competing. My father had planned on coming, but found out his visa was denied. It makes me sad to know that he won't be here. This will be the first Sr. Worlds he will miss :(
The highlight of the trip was a tie: between Jake Herbert allowing me to borrow a travel back massager (that I will definitely be investing in), and the amazing UZE soap opera type movie I watched. Our selection of movies was pretty limited, ranging from "OMG I'm
Not watching that!" to "Wow I can't believe it made it to a motion picture." To tell you the truth, after I got over the fact that it was one man and one woman doing all the voiceovers for all 20 characters, and the fact that you could still hear the UZE Russian language before the English dubbed over, I actually enjoyed the movie. The intense typical plot of the poor boy was not good enough to marry the rich girl but then (spoiler alert) they both die at the end! That never happens to this girl, raised in a Disney princess they-lived-happily-ever-after type world.

75kg Adeline Gray
World Team Member

No comments:

Post a Comment