Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 27th - Whitney Conder

Today is a rest and recovery day for the World Team. We all have different ways to rest and recover before we prepare for the Worlds. Also, we have competition preparation tomorrow with simulation of the Worlds competition. In preparation for the competition simulation, I am doing what I do before the time of actual competitions. I am going to do the hot and cold contrast to prepare my body and recover it from the workouts that we have had before during this week as well. Our matches tomorrow are to get us in the competition mode to make us prepare and focus on the competition. It helps to prepare for us to compete better in the Worlds and want to win every situation. 
Today, I am focusing on recovering my body so that I can have the best practice possible so I get the most out of it while training and preparing for my Worlds competition. For me we had a few hard workouts this week and my legs are pretty tired and sore so I feel like I need to get the hot and cold contrast the recover my legs. We all have different ways to prepare the days before tournaments, but the better we get at preparing for our tournaments the better. I’m just trying to prepare myself the best way that I know how so that I can do my best in the tournament so I can compete the best possible. No tournament is the same, no match is exactly the same it changes every time.  I do what I can and sometimes get in a little extra to prepare myself for the battle out on the mat that is coming up. The more I can imagine the tournament setting tomorrow in the matches, maybe the less I'll be stressed for the actual competition.  For example, my simulation could make me less nervous when stepping out on the match at the World Championships. I am very excited for this opportunity that I have to compete at Worlds this year, but while being very excited that does make me nervous at the same time. I am going to do my best to prepare myself for the Worlds and try to find the best way or ways to make myself less stressed or nervous so that when I step out on the mat I am as prepared as possible and ready to go. The harder we push as a team the better we can prepare each other so we can all compete in the Worlds our best. Let’s GO Team USA!!!!! 

- Whitney Conder
53kg World Team Member



No comments:

Post a Comment